Reawaken your senses and spirit with natural oils
Aromatherapy massage is massage therapy that involves the use of essential oils.
The medicinal properties of essential oils have been recognised since ancient times in Egypt and China. Nowadays, aromatherapy is widely practiced world-wide. It is an essential component of holistic treatments including spas and massage.
Essential oils when massaged can be absorbed by your skin into your body to promote whole-body healing.
There are a large variety of essential oils, each with their own unique healing properties:
- Relaxing – Chamomile, Jasmine, Lavender, Geranium, Cedarwood
- Energizing & uplifting – Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Bergamot, Rose, Neroli, Ylang Ylang, Balsam Pine, Peppermint, Rosemary, Thyme
- Detoxing & purifying – Peppermint, Juniper, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Laurel, Mandarin, Lemon, Patchouli
- Decongesting – Eucalyptus, Pine, Tea Tree
- Mental clarity – Rosemary, Basil, Juniper, Peppermint, Clary Sage
- Immune system stimulating – Tea Tree, Bay laurel, Frankincense, Oregano, Sage,
Eucalyptus, Lavender, Myrrh, Lemon, Pine needle Sandalwood and Thyme
Aromatherapy massage is particularly beneficial for emotionally-related conditions, such as stress and insomnia.
After consultation, your Massage Philosophy therapist may select one or more suitable
essential oils to create a custom blend, which is mixed with natural massage oil, and used in your massage treatment.